WhatsApp is one of the best social messenger apps out there for the iOS and Android platforms. It has been popular for quite a long time and rightfully so. It provided a way for people to converse with each other using only the internet. That makes it easier on their pocket as they don’t have to shell out money for messaging plans.
But WhatsApp is still soaring in popularity with the help of its new and unique features added over time. And now, the developers of the app have added some pretty nifty features that takes the communication experience on another level. The latest feature is one that allows only the group admins to send messages to the group.
This feature will weed out the extra and unnecessary messages that just take up space and hold little to no importance. A group is where like minded people can gather and discuss something of value. But group admins often find their phone bombarded by message notifications that are just jokes or meaningless blubber.
But with WhatsApp’s new feature, they won’t have to worry about this anymore. Now they can pick the select few members of the group and make them admins. After that, only the admins can converse in the chat to remove all the chaos. Of course, the feature is available for Android and iOS. Here is a guide on how to make use of the feature.
How to enable the Admin Only feature in WhatsApp
As you can guess, you need to have the app installed on your device. Be it Android or iOS, the feature is easily accessible on both the platforms. With this, you can avoid the superfluous chatter coming from the other group members and only receive what is imperative to the group and its core members. The others can just spectate and they won’t be able to disturb the peace.
Enable Admin Only Feature in Android
Android is the most popular and most used operating system for smartphones in the world. Most of the market share for smartphones comes from devices running the Android operating system. So it is obvious that it has more WhatsApp users and we are going to cater to them first.
- First of all, make sure you have the latest version of WhatsApp on your device.
- If not, then go to the Google Play Store and then update the app which won’t take much time.
- Once the app has been updated, open it from the Play Store or your App Drawer.
- For you to activate this feature in any group, you should be an admin of that group.
- Open the group in which you want to manage the notifications.
- Now tap on the group name at the top of the screen which will show you the group info.
- After that, tap on group settings and you will see the option “Send Messages”.
- Tap on it and then select “Only Admins” from the pop-up menu.
Once you have completed these steps, only those who are admins of a certain group will be able to send messages into the group. This completes the procedure for Android devices. Now we shall move on to iOS devices where the procedure is almost identical.
Enable Admin Only Feature in iOS
The iOS version of WhatsApp has pretty much the same features as its Android counterpart. And so, the process is almost identical as we have explained above. Here are the easy steps to change the group Settings in WhatsApp.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of the app installed on your iOS device.
- You can do it from the App Store and update the app to its latest version.
- Once you’ve done that, open it on your iPhone or iPad.
- Now, go to the group that you want to apply the new settings to.
- Tap on the group name at the top of the screen to open the info page.
- Select group settings and then choose Send Messages.
- Tap on Admins only and then the new settings will be applied.
So, this is how you can allow only admins to send messages to a group. This is certainly a very useful procedure for group admins. If you are the admin of a group and then you have the control over who can send messages in the group and who can’t. It will effectively reduce unnecessary rabble.