Wondering How to transfer contacts from android to android? Well if your answer is yes then read on. We often change our smartphones, and when we do it, the first thing that we want to do is backup our existing data and migrate it to the new smartphone. However, at another side where copying data like media files, images are quite easy.
Transferring contacts from android to android still seems a huge challenge. However, the good part is that it is not as hard as it seems. There are quite a lot of ways that you can follow to transfer contacts from android to android.
So let’s just go ahead and talk about them:
How to transfer contacts from android to android
Method 1: Use Google Account
As you are migrating your data from Android to Android, then it is quite easy to job to transfer contacts. As Google keeps uploading our call details, contacts, text and other details to their server. Hence it is quite easy to shift our data to a new device.
First of all, you have enabled the Google backup option on your Android smartphone. You can find this option under the System settings of your Android smartphone. If the option is not enabled, then simply enable it and click on the option that says back up now. After that wait for a few minutes and let the backup get completed.
Once you are done taking a backup, simply from your other phone sing-in to the same Google account and restore all the data. It will take some time to complete the whole thing. Once it is done, simply check if you have got all your data or not. If you did, you are all done.
Method 2: Export Your Contacts (our personal favourite method on How To Transfer Contacts From Android To Android)
You can also export your contacts to your SIM card or your SD card. However, nowadays most of the Android smartphones do not allow us to insert s an SD card. Also, our SIM card does not offer us a lot of storage to save the contacts.
But if both of your Android smartphones support SD card, then it would be a good idea to export your contacts. For this, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the contacts.
- Then go to the settings.
- Over here look for the “Export contacts” options.
- Then choose between export to SIM card or export to SD card.
- In the end, simply put your SD card or SIM card to the other phone. Then go to the settings and import the contacts and you are all done.
Method 3: Transfer Your Contacts Via Bluetooth
Bluetooth is a common technology that most of our devices have. And you can use this one to transfer your contacts too. Here is how you can transfer your contacts from android to android using Bluetooth:
- First of all, connect both of the devices to each other using Bluetooth.
- Then go to the contacts and select all the contacts.
- Next simply click on the share button and choose Bluetooth from there and send them to the other phone.
- Once done, you are all set.
Method 4: Use dr.fone – Switch
In the end, you can try out dr.fone – Switch by WonderShare. This one is basically a data backup software which lets you copy your phone data and move it to another smartphone. You can download the software free of cost, and it is extremely easy. To use this software, follow these steps:
- First of all download and install dr.fone – Switch on your PC.
- Then launch it and connect your Android smartphone via a USB cable.
- From Dr.Fone you have to select the Switch option and select all the data that you would like to copy.
- In the end, simply connect the other phone and migrate your data and you are all done.
So that was a quick answer to your How to transfer contacts from android to android question. Overall, between all these methods using Google account would be the best way. As it is hassle free. Just make sure you are going to use the same Google account for both of the Android devices.
Also we have shared tips on How to Delete Apps on Android which might be helpful to you.
Anyway, if you have any more questions to ask, feel free to let us know by leaving a comment below.