Searching for How to Uninstall an App on Mac ? Windows users have the freedom to look into their program files and can alter them easily. But Mac users have a different struggle while modifying the apps. Although technically the method of uninstalling an app on Mac is way far easier than windows method to uninstall the software. I have been receiving several questions about how to find the control panel on Mac to uninstall an app. Today I will be sharing few methods through which you can easily Uninstall app on the mac. Initially, we will begin with the traditional method of removing the apps on Mac, let we will see the advanced method to remove an app from mac.
So let’s begin with,
How to Uninstall an App on Mac
Traditional Method to remove an App on Mac
So, the traditional method or we can say the basic method to uninstall an app on Mac is very easy and it just needs a couple to seconds to get rid of the app. I would suggest you to try this, in order to remove apps form mac os you need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
1) Navigate to the app icon that you want to remove or uninstall.
I hope you know where will you find the application. If you don’t know then quickly go to “/Applications” folder. In this folder, you will get all the applications that are installed on your Mac OS.
2) Now select the application that you need to remove/uninstall.
3) Right click on the app icon, that you have selected.
4) Now, Select the “Move to Trash” option.
Note:- If you are more of a keyboard user then you can simply select the application and hit “Command+Delete” button.
5) The last thing you need to do is to go to your Trash and empty it.
That’s all, you are done. You have successfully uninstalled your select application. This particular method works on almost all the versions of Mac OS excluding Lion and it’s higher versions.
If you are using Lion or higher version of Mac OS then, uninstalling the app is easier for you. Just Follow the advanced method.
Advanced Method to Uninstall App on MAC
In this method, we won’t be doing anything that consists of an advanced technique or so. I have just named it because I discovered it after the Basic method. In this method, we will be using the launchpad to uninstall the app on Mac. Just follow the below-mentioned steps to get rid of any application on your Mac OS.
1) Quickly Open the launchpad.
2) Now, Long press on the app icon that you want to uninstall from your Mac.
3) You will see that a long press of around 2 seconds that app icon will start to jiggle.
4) Once your app icon started jiggling then you need simply hit the (X) that appears on the left corner of the application’s icon.
5) The moment you will hit the (X) sign, a new dialog will appear that will ask you to whether delete the app or to cancel it. Select the “delete” option and your application will be removed from your Mac.
So this was the Advance Method of Removing the apps on Mac. You can use it if you want to quickly uninstall the app from your mac.
If you still have some problem in uninstalling the application then do let me know in the comment section below.